Social media sounds like a class, doesn't it? As in "Are you ready for the social media final? I totally didn't study."
Anyway, I'm going to fail that bitch, for reals, guys.
For extra credit (because you should always do the extra credit if you think you're going to fail) I offer up some updates. Regardless of the fact that I have not been super present on this blog, or facebook, or twitter, things are still occurring in my life. Shocking, isn't it?
1. Remember when that work moment happened and I was really upset about it? One of the worst parts about that day was learning that my boss did not want me to see to fruition the big project I'd been working really hard on. I had volunteered for it knowing that it's something I would be really good at. My hope was that it would move me in my job towards something a little more interesting and a little less thankless.
Yes, like any job mine is often thankless.
What I hadn't counted on was that apparently my boss has little faith in me. That Big Mistake day he told me to my face I couldn't see through the project because he didn't trust me. I was crushed.
I'm still working on the project, though, and this week the wind shifted and the stars aligned and he had a change of heart. There is a catch - there is always a catch - and I will be reporting to someone else for all the work that I've done (which I try not to think of as humiliating) but I get to finish the project. If I do real good they'll let me be involved in the future. Maybe. Eventually.
I'm happy with it just the same.
2. Husband and I have started talking about buying a house. We're still at very least six months away from actively starting to look because he doesn't have any credit and mine's all wonky, but I've got my eyes on the prize. I want a space of our own so badly I can taste it. I will seriously miss our downstairs neighbors but not so much that I won't leave. We're outgrowing our apartment by way of stuff and cats.
3. I finally have all of my belongings under one roof. After next weekend I will have every book, record and photo in my possession all in the same place for the first time in six years. SIX. That is a terribly long time for one to go without their favorite records and books. We will, however, be needing new bookshelves.
4. We took a long weekend and went to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon. Not for Valentine's day because pfffff! Valentine's Day? Who celebrates that? (I do, usually.) We went because it was Husband's THIRTIETH birthday. He is officially old, just like me. We had a wonderful time and didn't spend too much more than we'd planned, but also we got to be in the sun. There was a pool and we used it. TWICE. Oh my god, for everything else fun about the trip this was by far my favorite part. That and we got to see dolphins.
6. The cats continue to be fat and happy. Which, really, is the best part of the status quo.